Another comment I get quite often is "Wow! You look like you're gonna pop tomorrow!" I never quite know how to respond this one. Sometimes I say with embarrassment "Nope, one more month." To which they immediately respond with something like "Wow, you're huge! How are you gonna last one more month?" Rude right? And other times when I'm just not in the mood to deal with it I say "Yup! Any day!" I mean, technically it could be any day right? Oh well. What they don't know won't hurt them.
Besides the funny looks and comments I get, I'm still doing pretty well and feeling like I can do this...for 3 1/2 more weeks! Here's a look at my 36 week belly and a few things I've been experiencing these past couple weeks...
- Can you believe I'm just days away from officially carrying a full-term baby! I don't know whether to be thrilled or scared out of my mind? This is really happening!
- I started packing a hospital back the other night after I came home form a movie feeling some pretty intense Braxton Hicks. So far I've packed a robe, pjs, a comfy sweats outfit to wear home, some bobby pins and hair elastic, and then my toiletries are all ready to throw in before we go. Any other recommendations on what to pack from Mom's who've been there, done that?
- At my 36 week appointment my doctor did another ultrasound to check the position and size of the baby. My little one is still head down (yay!) and sort of facing sideways, although the doc thinks she'll be posterior before D-day. She also said she's measuring big at around 7 lbs and estimated her size to be 37 weeks, 4 days. Uh Oh! Either I'm having this baby early, or she's gonna be HUGE! I'm not sure which would be better?
- My closet and I are in a fight right now. It refuses to give me things to wear. I put things on that 2 weeks ago I fit in and now? Well now it's like it won't even fit my little finger! I am SO HUGE! I might just have to wear a trash bag these last couple weeks as I swell to the size of a walrus....or the cute new shirt in the picture I picked up at Anthro cuz I was having "one of those fat/ugly days."
- The nursery is looking so cute! Baby girl has a crib, bookshelves, glider, changing table, dresser, lamp, new draperies, and some decorations that still need to be hung. I'll post another picture soon.
- I thought I knew what heartburn was, but I was wrong. This is getting ridiculous! I think I'm ready for baby to drop now so I can enjoy a full meal again. Some nights I wake up 2 and 3 times with the worst acid reflux and have to pop a couple Tums before I can fall back asleep. This is definitely one of those symptoms I will be so happy to see go!
- Speaking of nasty pregnancy symptoms, the migraines seem to be sticking around for the long haul. I had another 2 this week. One while I was at home mid-day, just minding my own business. The other while I was sitting in the theater enjoying Sherlock Holmes. I was pretty ticked about that one! My entire right eye was flashing this bright light and obscured my view of the gorgeous Jude Law and sexy Robert Downey Jr. Guess I'll just have to see it again. ;)
- In addition to the heartburn and migraines, I'm no longer sleeping. Last night I woke up wide awake at 5am while the little one had a bad case of the hiccups and I couldn't fall back asleep. So, I went out to the kitchen, poured myself a bowl of Apple Jacks, and watched a couple episodes of House Hunters International. I'm pretty sure this is just God's way of preparing me for the lack of sleep that lies ahead.
- On a more positive note: I'm officially on permanent maternity leave at Handbill Printers. Woohoo! No more hellish commute! While I miss seeing my family at work everyday, it's really nice to wake up, go to the gym, and spend my time getting ready for Christmas and baby to come.
- I finished my Lamaze class this past week. Unfortunately Matt wasn't able to come to any of them because of scheduling conflicts with work, but I'm still glad I went solo (even though I felt like everyone thought I was some irresponsible knocked-up mom). HA! I definitely learned some new things that I didn't know before and that will hopefully make this a much smoother labor and delivery.
- I wish I would stop craving ice cream...and cookies! Maybe it's the holidays and all the treats swirling around everywhere I go? Or maybe it's the fact that I'm 9 months pregnant and already enormous and just don't care anymore. Seriously though, I could eat ice cream and cookies everyday, all day. But I won't. Or at least I'll try not to. GAH!!!
- Yah, not the most pleasant feeling. But I can't get too mad at her because the poor thing has nowhere to go. Soon enough my little babe and you'll have lots of room to stretch those long arms and legs!!!